A course in London on Hamstead Heath

I had an early start on Tuesday this week for a 6am flight to London. I was attending a course on advanced gum surgery that was booked a few weeks previously. My travel arrangements were quite tight in terms of timing, as I didn’t want to spend the evening in London the night before.

So I knew that any delays or mishaps would mean I would definitely be late for the course. I really didn’t want to be the guy who interrupts the lecture by walking in late, no doubt out of breath after running (walking fast) for the first time in at least 6 months. I was therefore glad when we touched down 15 minutes early into London city airport.

Next up was a tram into Euston station. I’ve never been to London city airport before so there was a bit of messing about asking where to go, which platform, when to change etc. Then I spot the queue for the tram… Nightmare, It was huge!

And worse, every tram that comes up is packed already.  When I knew my tram was inbound I began to move towards the edge of the platform. So did everyone else. 100% I knew that If I missed this one, I would be late. As it approached i noticed it was absolutely packed to the rafters too. ‘Sardines’ came to mind. 😦

Thankfully a few people were getting off so I was thinking I might have a chance of getting on. When the last person got off I began shuffling towards the door, trying to be polite by not knocking into anyone. The people behind me weren’t up for that approach though.

All of a sudden there was this massive push to get on and I was helplessly bumping into everyone in front. Apologising all the way I end up on the tram, wedged in with my fellow sardines. What was interesting was that no-one seemed to care enough to look up from their phones when I was bumping into them. Unless of course they were taking selfies while complaining about me.

Anyway, I made it into the course with bags of time to spare as It didn’t actually start until 09.30 and not 09.00 as I thought. There was a free breakfast so obviously I made the most of that to help me soak up the day ahead. Ill not bore you with the details but it was a great course and well worth the trip. And I made it back home in time for a pancake before bed.

Our dentist Laura was also on a sedation course in Glasgow on Tuesday and although it was 9-5, she came back to work from 6-8pm to provide cover for any emergency patients that day. The same day our nurses Gemma and Bili paid a visit to St Cuthberts Primary school for a world of work week, talking to the children about what its like to work in a dental practice.

As a team we’re always striving to improve our own skills, for the benefit of our patients and I look forward to more courses in the future for all of our staff. If you have any questions about any of the services that we offer give us a call on 01415573488.


Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 19.43.54.png

Have a good week everyone,








Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s